AMERICAN CHAMBER ENSEMBLE
Directed by pianists Blanche Abram, Marilyn Lehman & clarinetist Naomi Drucker
"Vibrant, sensitive interpretation the solo violin, piano and winds - all first rate!"
- Morton Gould
CANTA LIBRE CHAMBER ENSEMBLE
"Breathtaking artistry with a great celebratory quality..." David Rubenstein Atrium at Lincoln Center
"Canta Libre plays with enthusiasm, polish, rhythmic acuity, and lyrical sweep" - Fanfare Magazine
"...fine and thoughtful musicianship by Canta Libre." - Music Web International
Founded in 2002 by flutist Sally Shorrock to foster the performance and enjoyment of music specifically written for flute, harp and strings
Featured at The American Harp Society 50th Anniversary National Conference, and has appeared at Lincoln Center, on WNYC at The Green Space, The Music Festival of the Hamptons, Barge Music, Concerts at One at Trinity Church in Manhattan, WLIW TV, National Public Radio of Long Island, and The Brooklyn Public Library.
Core members are flutist Sally Shorrock, violinist Francisca Mendoza, violist Veronica Salas, cellist Bernard Tamosaitis and harpist Karen Lindquist.
Critically-acclaimed CD of music by Jean Francaix, Joseph Guy Ropartz, Jean Yves Daniel-Lesur and Maurice Ravel is available on the 4Tay label, available at http://www.jamesarts.com/4tay/4033-cantalibre-popup.html.
CHAMBER ORCHESTRA OF NEW YORK
Salvatore Di Vittorio, Music Director
CHAMBER PLAYERS INTERNATIONAL
- An ensemble of 25 internationally and nationally renowned musicians who perform chamber and chamber orchestral repertory throughout the Long Island and Metropolitan New York region
- The ensemble is conceived as a community based concert provider and gives concerts throughout the region in every conceivable type of venue except a typical concert hall
- Community Concert Series - an ongoing series of free events taking place in hospitals and senior centers throughout the region
- New programs at New York City based consulates and embassies featuring works by composers from those host country institutions
- Give us your email address so we can keep you informed of upcoming Chamber Players International concerts and events - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://chamberplayersinternational.com
GRAMERCY BRASS ORCHESTRA
John Henry Lambert, Artistic Director
"The ultimate in Pomp and Circumstance"
- New York Times
Ron Levy - Piano, Margaret Swinchoski - Flute and Donald Mokrynski - Clarinet
"The Palisades Virtuosi is an ensemble ... cares deeply about connecting living composers with living audiences. It plays well-known music, too, but the heart of every one of its concerts is the premiere of a commissioned work ... "
- Classical New Jersey Society Journal
"Perfect in every sense, the Palisades Virtuosi marries past with present; artistry with heart."
- LeQuita Vance-Watkins, Crossroads Arts Council
"Thank(s to) all of you for a wonderful performance...Not only were we thrilled with your performance of Four Movements for Virtuosi, but the entire program was beautifully played and well planned...It was a pleasure to be there, to listen to you, and meet you."
- Composer Carlos Franzetti
PARTHENIA, A CONSORT OF VIOLS
"...Parthenia, a glowing group of viol players that is one of the brightest lights in New York's early-music scene. "
- The New Yorker
"Parthenia, a first-rate consort of viols... illuminated Purcell's counterpoint wonderfully... [and] the group's sound combined warmth and precision."
- The New York Times
"... welcome under any circumstances - the excellent viol consort Parthenia."
- The Philadelphia Inquirer
"[Parthenia's European debut in Regensburg, Germany was]... one of the finest concerts of the 1994 Alter Musik Festival."
- The Mittelbayerische Zeitung
- Read Parthenia's Inside the Labyrinth Newsletter Here
Read Parthenia's Inside the Labyrinth Special CD Edition Newsletter Here
- Read an Early Music America Article About Parthenia and New Music Here
- Dynamic quartet of renaissance viols, exploring the extraordinary repertory for viols from Tudor England to the court of Versailles to the 21st Century.
- Known for its remarkable sense of ensemble and ethereal sound, Parthenia is presented in concerts across America.
- early music specialists.
- Featured on radio and television, and in prestigious festivals and series including Music Before 1800, Maverick Concerts and the Regensburg Tage Alter Musik.
- Commissions, premieres and records many new works by composers such as Phil Kline, Brian Fennelly, Max Lifchitz, Kristin Norderval, Will Ayton, Frances White, Paul Richards, David Glaser, Randy Sandke, John Stone, Nicholas Patterson, and others, with the support of various grants.
- Popular touring programs, including, "When Music and Sweet Poetry Agree," - a unique collaboration with actor Paul Hecht and soprano Jacqueline Horner, celebrating Shakespearean poetry and music.
- CDs include "Within the Labyrinth," "A Reliquary for William Blake," and "Trumpet After Dark."
- Website - http://www.parthenia.org/
QUINTET OF THE AMERICAS
"Their virtuosity, balances, articulation and intonation mark them as one of the world's top wind quintets. I have never heard finer playing."
- InTune (Japan)
Jeffrey James Arts Consulting
Jeffrey James, President
45 Grant Avenue
Farmingdale, NY 11735
Tel & Fax: 516-586-3433 E-mail: email@example.com